Date(s) - 24/01/2019 - 28/02/2019
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The IoT Hackademy Education and Awareness Initiative
With billions of connected objects by 2020*, IoT will continue to be a hot topic in the next years. We propose to handle some of the most pressing challenges and questions related to the technology. These include security & privacy; interoperability & standards; legal & regulatory and the need to federate actors of the ecosystem.
Security & privacy in the IoT domain is not only related to the protection of a single component but to the whole chain – From the sensor to the Business Application.
Providers in the IoT ecosystem have a largely unexplored opportunity to develop compelling IoT solutions that explore how the ability to collect and analyse disparate data, in realtime and across time, might transform the business. We propose an IoT Expertise Center to unlock the business value of IoT from the Luxembourg place.
This course is designed to help startups, architects, software & hardware engineers, data scientist, … to understand the security and privacy context which apply to IoT.
This should provide a good foundation to implement and manage these aspects in an IoT solution.
• Understand the different components of a IoT solution.
• Regulations and best practises to consider regarding security and privacy in an IoT world.
• Modelisation and evaluation of the security and privacy aspects.
• Define a strategy on security and privacy by design in IoT.
• Appreciate the threat landscape IoT solution are exposed to.
• Evaluate IoT solution risks and how to mitigate them.
• Implement a program to secure an IoT solution (deploy, implement, assess, monitor and react).
4 modules :
1/ 24 January : IOT Landscape : components, concepts, players
2/31 January : IOT and the Security & Privacy Landscape
3/ 7 February : Building your privacy & security plan
4/ 28 February : Practical IOT sessions : Use Case with an industry player
* source: Gartner