“Excellium will help you build security in to your Software Development Life Cycle. The result will be an improved security posture, with measurable, demonstrable results.”
Going to Work for You
The services provided by the Application Security team, will help you to increase the level of trust you and your client have in the security and maturity of the software developed by your company.
Moreover, we can help you to reduce your attack surface, and reduce the risk that your business and reputation will be damaged by one of your applications being compromised.
On top of this, as your security level matures, you will be able to measure it, and demonstrate it, giving you a clear advantage in an increasingly competitive market.
Key Benefits of the Service
Application security requires skills in both worlds: Development & Security, with a mindset combining the viewpoints of attack and defence.
Excellium has therefore assembled a team of experienced developers, and given them a thorough grounding in the world of security. Ongoing learning, in both domains, is of course essential.
Using these twin perspectives, team members can address the following challenges:
- Auditing your SDLC: finding security weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Training your team in secure coding, hacking techniques, and server hardening.
- Auditing your application code and architecture, to identify vulnerabilities, and indicate to your team precisely how to fix them.
- Building and using a Continuous Integration Platform, with integrated automatic security checks, every time a new version is committed. This prevents detectable security flaws from ever being present in release candidates.
- Providing on-hand technical support for the implementation of defensive measures and security components.
- Integrating infrastructure protection components, such as WAF, in your application Software Development Life Cycle.
Excellium is one of the few Security companies to have a dedicated Application Security team.
To improve understanding in the field in general, team members actively participate in the development of the Application Security field in the following ways:
- Giving talks at AppSec events such as VOXXED Luxemburg
- Contributing materials – cheat sheets, tutorials, and tools – to online application security projects, including the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
Contributing to several online Open Source projects.